*TMA – UPDATED GUIDANCE FROM 12TH APRIL 2021 ONWARDS*
Hi everyone, we hope you are all safe and well at this time. We are delighted to let you know that we will be re-opening again for face-to-face lessons from Monday 12th April 2021 onwards and we look forward to seeing you all very soon. Please familiarise yourselves with the guidance below before attending the academy. Thank you for your continued support, Simon & The TMA Team
GUIDANCE FOR ATTENDING YOUR LESSONS:
COVID-19 – Our Safety Measures and Procedures
In compliance with the Government’s advice, the temporary health and safety precautions have been made to keep all students and tutors safe.
Please take a moment to read through them before you attend your first face to face lesson with us.
– Our main entrance door will be open (unlocked), however please wait to be collected from outside the academy by your tutor at your allotted lesson time. Teaching staff will handle all studio doors to give students access to the necessary rooms
– Please use the hand sanitizer provided on the table as you enter the building
– All windows will be open to increase ventilation in all teaching rooms
– Please do not use the waiting area unless absolutely necessary i.e if a parent is running late to pick up a young child the student will be able to wait in the area so they are safe
– Hand sanitiser will also be available in the teaching rooms and toilet area along with packs of anti-bac wipes in every room, toilet & kitchen area (kitchen for the use of tutors only)
– The toilet will be open for use, however please only use this if absolutely necessary. The toilet & sink will be cleaned regularly with anti-bacterial wipes and there will be anti-bacterial soap available for use
– All instruments which belong to the academy and will be used within lessons i.e the piano/keyboards/drum kits etc will be cleaned with anti-bac wipes between every lesson
– All door handles/chairs etc will also be sanitised between each lesson
– Face masks ARE currently mandatory within an educational setting such as ours. We will require all students who are aged 12 and over to wear a mask whilst attending their lessons at TMA, unless exempt. Children under the age of 12 do not need to wear a mask, however if they wish to that is of course their choice. All tutors will be wearing masks whilst teaching. This will be regularly reviewed and, as restrictions continue to relax in the coming weeks, we shall then advise you of any change in the mask wearing policy. For singing/brass/woodwind lessons masks do not need to be worn however our Perspex screen will then be used in these circumstances.
– Disposable gloves ARE NOT mandatory within an educational setting such as ours and can in fact spread things more than if they are not worn. However, there will be a few boxes of gloves available if any tutors/students wish to have some
– The academy will be deep cleaned every Sunday morning (no tutors or students will be attending the academy on Sundays), the academy will also be cleaned throughout the week by Simon Markland – TMA Director
– All tutors will be attempting to stagger their lessons as much as possible, leaving a small break between each in order to clean/tidy anything within their teaching room which might be necessary at the time. This will also assist in having minimal footfall within our common areas
We look forward to welcoming you back!
– Simon & The TMA Team